Up and over to them, Dallas! Let’s kick off this Wednesday with everything you need to know about what’s happening in town today.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Airy and cooler. High: 68 Low: 50.
Are you a local owner or trader? We can help you effortlessly deliver effective ads that reach Dallas customers. Click here to find out more.
Here are the top three stories from today in Dallas:
- A Dallas City Council committee is pushing for a resolution in favor of the transgender community. The Quality of Life Committee is pushing for the city attorney to draft a new resolution that “will prohibit the city from discriminating against transgender and non-binary people.” The resolution will also prohibit discrimination against transgender people at the state, federal or local policy level. “The city took action today to tell the state legislator who continues to try to pass laws to discriminate,” Councilman Chad West said. “We took a step today to tell them enough is enough. We have to treat everyone the same.” (FOX 4 News Dallas-Fort Worth)
- A dessert shop dedicated to waffles and ice cream settles in Uptown Dallas. The Dolly Llama, a Southern California waffle and ice cream chain, will soon make its Texas debut at 2817 Howell St. #210. The Dolly Llama will offer two unique waffle styles: an authentic Belgian Liège waffle and a Hong Kong bubble waffle, which creates a unique crispy and creamy texture. Check out the ice cream flavors to look forward to at the link and mark your calendars for the end of April! (CultureMap Dallas)
- Ready to find your dream home or just interested in what’s going on there? Patch and Redfin have teamed up again this week to bring you the latest real estate listings in the Dallas area. The following are all located in Carrollton, just a 40 minute drive from the heart of Dallas. There are two listings under $250,000 at the link. (Dallas Patch)
From our sponsor:
Where should you invest as a Dallas resident with a nest egg of $149,000? Thanks to a change in the legal code, there is a new investment that Dallas residents need to know about. In fact, Bloomberg asked the experts where they would invest $100,000 right now and many of them picked it.
It may surprise you, but it’s art.
Growing your nest egg with art is nothing new. Wealthy families like the Rockefellers have done for centuries.
- Low correlation with equities according to Citi
- Contemporary art historically yields 23.2% when inflation is > 3%
- Contemporary art prices outperformed the S&P 500 by 164% (1995-2021)
Translation: Art could be one of the best investments for uncertain times.
Lucky for you, we found Masterworks. This revolutionary platform allows you to invest in the art of Warhol, Monet, Picasso without spending millions.
The best part? Anyone in your area can skip their waiting list*.
*See important Reg A Disclosures
Today in Dallas:
- Individual technical tutor – Bachman Lake Branch Library (All day)
- The market – Dallas Farmer’s Market (All day)
From my notebook:
- Looking for more ways to go local? Check best mom and pop stores in dallas, according to Yelp at the link. (CW33 Dallas)
- Kinder Joy® will be at the Dallas Zoo on April 2 with a special scavenger hunt all about zoo animal spawning. Learn how to register at the link! (instagram)
- Yesyesterday was national lemon chiffon cake day – here is where you can get it in Dallas. (CW33 Dallas)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- Social Security Seminar on 03/31 & 04/05 (March 31)
- Upcoming Green Van Lines Moving Company Online Event (March 31)
- On-site event by Green Van Lines Moving Company Dallas to mark Earth Day (April 1)
- Retirement Tax Webinar (April 4)
- Estate Planning Webinar (April 4)
- Free Zoom meeting on moving companies near Dallas, TX (April 29)
- Add your event
Concerts and services:
Do you like the Dallas Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
- Send this link to a friend or neighbor so they can subscribe
- Showcase your local business in front of readers
You are officially informed for today! See you soon.
— Nicole Fallon Peek
About me: Nicole Fallon-Peek is a journalist and editor with a degree in media, culture and communication from New York University. She has been a freelance journalist, editor, managing editor and editorial director for various B2B news outlets. She currently co-owns and manages content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.