A health coach explains how to make a delicious ice cream sandwich from your next McDonald’s order
- A health coach shared how to make a delicious DIY dessert from McDonald’s
- She places an order for a $1 soft serve ice cream and a fruit-filled hot bun
- Then she opens the bun and tilts the soft portion to make an ice cream sandwich
- “It was so delicious and the perfect Easter treat,” Bec said in her recipe video.
A health coach explained how to make a delicious homemade dessert from McDonald’s, perfect to enjoy before Easter.
Hargrave mouthpiecefrom Brisbane, has combined the flavors of its soft serve and warm crossbread to create an ice cream sandwich like no other.
She simply placed an order for a $1 soft serve and a classic fruit-filled hot bun from her local McDonald’s.
Scroll to watch the video
A health coach shared how to make a delicious DIY McDonald’s dessert that’s perfect to enjoy before Easter
She then opened the warm crossbread and flipped her soft serve, pressing vanilla ice cream onto one half of the bun.
Bec closed the bun and enjoyed his delicious 389-calorie DIY ice cream sandwich.
“It was so delicious and the perfect Easter treat,” Bec said in the recipe video.
How to make Bec’s Hot Cross Bun Ice Cream Sandwich:
Vanilla Soft Serve Ice Cream
Warm fruit-stuffed crossbread
- Order a vanilla soft serve ice cream and a hot cross bun at McDonald’s.
- Open the hot crossbread and flip the ice cream over to press the vanilla ice cream onto half of the bun.
- Close the bread and enjoy before the ice cream melts.
Bec closed the hot bun and enjoyed her DIY 389-calorie ice cream sandwich, “it was so delicious and the perfect Easter treat,” she said.
Earlier this year, the health coach revealed another treat on TikTok that’s perfect for snacking on this Easter season and only 189 calories each.
To make the decadent snack, Bec used traditional Coles mini hot buns and two squares of Cadbury Caramilk chocolate.
She placed a hot, sliced bun in her airfryer and layered a square of Caramilk on each half until it melted.
In the clip, she made “Caramilk butter” by melting a square of Caramilk on a hot cross bun cut in half before spreading it evenly. His alternative is 71 calories less than the new Caramilk Hot Buns sold at Woolworths
She spread the melted chocolate over the hot bun halves and sandwiched them to enjoy.
The snack idea is perfect for those who crave a gourmet treat but don’t want to blow their daily calorie intake.
‘This hack gives you fresh hot buns with delicious melted “Caramilk Butter” for way less calories! You can microwave them or air fry them, but I like them to be a little crispy,” she wrote online.
How to make Bec’s Caramilk Hot Cross Buns:
Caramilk Chocolate Squares
- Cut a hot crossbread in half and place it in the airfryer.
- Place a square of Caramilk chocolate on each half of the bread and let it melt.
- Spread the Caramilk evenly over each half of the warm crossbread.
- Sandwich the halves together to enjoy.