FRESH fruit sold at Wegmans stores is being recalled over listeria concerns.
Fruit Fresh Up announced that it is voluntarily recalling all fresh-cut fruits and vegetables and ready-to-eat dips from its upstate New York production facility due to possible listeria contamination.
The recall is expected to impact stores in New York and surrounding states, including some Wegmans locations.
The announcement comes the same week Wegmans recalled six products over fears of listeria contamination, pulling more fruits and vegetables from shelves.
Fruit Fresh Up issued the recall after listeria monocytogenes was found on surfaces where produce was packaged in containers.
The affected fruits and vegetables are packaged in clear plastic containers with best before dates between March 5 and March 23, 2022.
The recalled dips can be identified by expiration dates between March 15 and March 31, 2022 and are packaged in clear plastic clamshell containers.
The FDA and Fruit Fresh Up shared a complete list of the recalled items, which you will find below.
Product and UPC
- Wegmans Watermelon Chunks 10 oz, UPC: 077890209066
- Wegmans Mini Hearts 24 oz, UPC: 077890938096
- Wegmans Watermelon Chunks 32 oz, UPC: 077890246610
- Wegmans Pineapple Spears 32 oz, UPC: 077890251843
- Wegmans Cantaloupe Spears 32 oz, UPC: 077890260579
- Wegmans Melon Trio 32 oz, UPC: 077890495520
- Fresh Harvest 18 oz Cantaloupe Spears, UPC: 64779300398
- Fresh Harvest Melon Trio 18 oz, UPC: 64779300400
- Fresh Harvest Pineapple 18 oz, UPC: 64779300397
- Fresh Harvest Watermelon Chunks 18 oz, UPC: 64779300469
- Fresh Harvest Pine Bucket 6#, UPC: 64779300011
- Small Fresh Harvest Fruit Platter with Raspberry Dip, UPC: 64779300336
- Small Fresh Harvest Vegetable Tray with Ranch, UPC: 64779300337
- Lexington Co-op 10 oz Melon Combo, UPC: 64779300370
- Lexington Co-op 10 oz Cantaloupe Piece (4/cs), UPC: 64779300369
- Lexington Co-op Honeydew Piece 10 oz (2/csb), UPC: 64779300370
- Lexington Co-op 10 oz Mixed Fruit, UPC: 64779300374
- Lexington Co-op Pineapple Chunks 10 oz, UPC: 64779300372
- Lexington Co-op 10 oz Watermelon Chunks, UPC: 64779300373
- Lexington Co-op Fruit Bowl 32 oz, UPC: 64779300360
- Lexington Co-op 32 oz Melon Trios, UPC: 64779300403
- Lexington Co-op Pineapple Spears 32 oz, UPC: 64779300401
- Lexington Co-op 32 oz Watermelon Chunks, 64779300468
- Large cantaloupe tops, BBD at the bottom of the container
- Mixed large melon tops, BBD at the bottom of the container
- Large pineapple tops, BBD at the bottom of the container
- Large watermelon tops, BBD at the bottom of the container
- Petit Cantaloupe tops, best-before date at the bottom of the container
- Tops Small mixed melon, BBD at the bottom of the container
- Tops Petit Pineapple, best-before date at the bottom of the container
- Tops Small watermelon, BBD at the bottom of the container
- Fruit Fresh Up Raspberry Dip (7 oz), UPC: 64779300105
According to CDClisteria can cause a serious bacterial infection if ingested, and pregnant women, the elderly, and newborns are most at risk.
Healthy people who get listeria food poisoning can experience symptoms such as headache, fever, muscle aches, and nausea, but the CDC says “infections during pregnancy can lead to miscarriage, stillbirth, premature delivery or life-threatening infection of the newborn. “
Consumers with questions about the recall can contact Fruit Fresh Up at 716-684-3400 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday.
Wegmans buyers may return affected products to their site’s customer service department for complete refund.
The Sun explains how millions of Airborne gummy products were recalled last week – see if you have an affected product.
Plus, with grocery costs on the rise, check out these five ways to save money when shopping for groceries.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The US Sun team?